Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Thing With No Heads! - A Manchester Morgue Compilation


Here is another compilation I just finished working on. This is a follow-up to my Novelty Cigarette Lighter of Doom and Werewolf in Unnecessarily Short Gym Shorts compilations. These are all songs that share a title with a movie. Most of these don't actually have anything to do with the movie they share a title with, but I don't think anyone is really too worried about that.

As you'll see, this is a rather eclectic assortment of music, from Horror Punk, to Swedish Pop to Death Metal to whatever the hell you'd call the music The Tear Garden perform, with a bit of Horror Surf thrown in for good measure. It's mixed up enough to where everyone should find something they like and something they hate. But hopefully it'll be a fun compilation to check out.

Here are the tracks, I've put them up in no particular order. I'll like to let you decide how you want to listen to them. I've put IMDB links on a few of them for movies people might not realize are movies.

White Zombie - Spiderbaby
The Birthday Massacre - Neverending Story
The Haunted - Pieces
Bad Religion - Better Off Dead
Calabrese - Children of the Night
Gein and the Graverobbers - M
45 Grave - Evil
The Butthole Surfers - Dust Devil
Tristania - Equilibrium
The Cure - Last Dance
Wolf - The Curse
Burn To Black - The Vanishing
The Goblins - Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
The Goblins - Blood Drinkers
Warlock - Kiss of Death
Wolf - Ravenous
The Killcreeps - Human Monster
Holy Fuck - Safari
collection D'Arnell Andrea - Island of the Dead
ABBA - I've Been Waiting For You
Tear Garden - The Running Man

Get Heads

Here are some notes on a few of the song/movie title choices:

The Goblins - These guys have nothing to do with Goblin (who I believe I've seen listed as The Goblins on a movie before). These guys are kind of a loving tribute to The Misfits, but not quite. Kind of a Spinal Tap of horror punk, maybe? This guy right here seems to know the whole story. I put two of their songs on here because one of them was only 41 seconds long.

ABBA - I've Been Waiting For You - This was a TV movie from 1998 starring Ben Foster, Punky Brewster and Hot Becky.

The Butthole Surfers - Dust Devil - An ode to Lucifer, turkey and vacuums. I had to edit this one down, it's like 8 minutes long and over 5 of those minutes are just really noisy guitar freak-out wankery.

Be sure to look out for my next compilations, Bands That Share Their Name With Movie Titles, and Songs By Bands That Inspired Another Band's Name. That'll make more sense when I actually post them.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, I really love your compilations.

Anonymous said...

So glad you included Birthday Massacre.

Anonymous said...

Dawn of the Dead listed Goblin as The Goblins. That may be where you saw that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails