Monday, March 11, 2013

Manos - The Soundtrack of Fate

I'm sure some of you are aware of the project to get Manos: The Hands of Fate restored in high definition for an eventual Blu-ray release. It looks to be coming along nicely judging by the screenshots on the site. Looks quite a bit like a real movie when it's all cleaned up.

I'm a big Mystery Science Theater fan, but the fan favorite episode featuring Manos is an episode I personally can't really get into because I actually find the movie physically painful to watch. Plus a good 15% of the riffing is just the guys being so dumbfounded by the movie that they just end up saying "Manos...the hands of fate."

That said I'm glad this restoration is happening, I think every movie, no matter how utterly, mind-numbingly awful it might be deserves to be preserved.

The reason I'm talking about this now and not a year ago when this restoration thing began? While checking out the site just now I noticed that back in January they put the entire soundtrack up for free, ready to download at the click of a couple of buttons. It's on Bandcamp, but it is free, you can enter $0.00 as an amount and still download it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Admiring the time and energy you put into your blog and in depth
information you provide. It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same unwanted rehashed
information. Wonderful read! I've saved your site and I'm including your
RSS feeds to my Google account.

Look into my web page how To detox your body

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails