Saturday, December 28, 2013

Macabre Movie Poster Madness: The Ghana Edition

Movie posters from Japan are insane. Movie posters from Poland are more insane. You know what's even more insane? Movie posters from Ghana. According to my 18 seconds of research the artists for these posters were given free reign to paint absolutely anything they wanted to make the posters more enticing to customers. So they'd often just make up something that didn't happen in the movie and paint it into the poster anyway. You know, like liars.

I came across a ton of these Ghanaian posters the other day, so I thought I'd share some of the more horrific of them here today. Normally I'd rip on these posters and how they look like they were drawn by a mental 11 year old who was given a paintbrush and an incredibly vague plot outline of the movies, but there's really nothing I can say that will be anywhere near as hysterical as the amazing posters themselves.

For starters, here's a batch of Elm Street, Friday the 13th and Freddy vs. Jason. Stunningly, these are actually some of the better posters of the bunch. They're goofy as hell, but the depictions of Freddy and Jason are at least fairly accurate. Wait until you see The Evil Dead and Cujo posters I'll be posting later. Yikes.
 

 Jason vs. Freddy
 Freddy vs...Himself?
 Jason vs...uhh?




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails