Monday, February 24, 2014

The Legend of Hell House & Motel Hell Coming From Scream Factory



Scream Factory has just announced a couple of new titles due out this summer:

"**NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENTS! THE LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE & MOTEL HELL ON BLU-RAY IN THE U.S. FOR THE FIRST TIME!!**

Our “Summer of Fear” release slate continues to get scarier with two more films added: 1973’s THE LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE (starring Roddy McDowell) and 1980’s slasher romp MOTEL HELL will both be coming to Blu-ray in August. MOTEL will be getting our “Collector’s Edition” treatment with slipcover and the newly-designed artwork is already in the works.

No other details to report at this time but more will be revealed in May/June as to the specifics."


I haven't seen Legend of Hell House in years, so I'm looking forward to seeing that one again. I just saw Motel Hell less than a year ago with Arrow's release, and I just don't think that one holds up all that well. I mean, Rory Calhoun is amazing, Nina Axelrod is beautiful, Nancy Parsons is wonderfully evil, and the visual of Vince holding a chainsaw while wearing a pig's head is absolutely iconic, but I have to say overall I find the movie to be pretty so-so. Just my opinion of course, this is a great announcement for fans who weren't able to pick up the Arrow release.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails