Monday, March 24, 2014

Gwar's Oderus Urungus Is No More

 
I'm a bit late posting this, so I'm sure pretty much everyone has already heard that Dave Brockie aka Gwar frontman Oderus Urungus was found dead in his home at the way too young age of 50.

While I loved Gwar's act, I honestly haven't heard a ton of their actual music - just a few songs here and there, but as a fellow Virginian and long-suffering Redskins fan this news has really been hitting me hard since I first heard it earlier today. This crazy bastard will surely be missed for years to come and I don't think the metal world will ever really be the same without him.

USAToday:
Dave Brockie, who fronted the heavy metal band Gwar using the stage name Oderus Urungus, has been found dead in his Richmond, Va., home. He was 50.

According to band manager Jack Flanagan, one of Brockie's bandmates found him Sunday evening. Richmond police spokeswoman Dionne Waugh says officers received a report of a dead person at the home shortly before 7 p.m.

"It is with a saddened heart that I confirm my dear friend Dave Brockie, artist, musician and lead singer of Gwar passed away," Flanagan said in a statement released Monday. According to Flanagan, Brockie's next of kin has been notified and Richmond authorities plan to conduct a full autopsy. "My main focus right now is to look after my bandmates and his family. More information regarding his death shall be released as the details are confirmed."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails