Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Shout! Factory Is Currently Streaming MST3K: Mitchell With Annotations

Heads up for all of the MSTies out there, Shout! Factory is currently streaming the full Mitchell episode of Mystery Science Theater on YouTube. I know what you're thinking, "so what, so is this guy." What makes the Shout! version awesome is that they've gone through and added annotations for every single joke and reference, sort of like the trivia tracks on the Seinfeld DVDs. This is a great idea - in fact I (like a lot of fans, probably) immediately thought of this way back when the first DVDs started coming out, glad to see it finally happen. I'm sure most of us get a lot of the jokes, but sometimes the references are incredibly obscure, so this will make everyone enjoy more of the jokes that might've gone over their heads. Check it out below:



Unfortunately I couldn't get the annotations to work for me when using the YouTube app on my TV, so I haven't watched the whole thing yet. I think there's probably some way turn them on, but I haven't really used that app before so who knows, I didn't really investigate the problem too much. It works perfectly on my computer though.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails