Monday, September 24, 2007

David Newman - Little Monsters


This is David Newman's unreleased score from the terrifying children's adventure comedy Little Monsters. Sure, I saw it and loved it as a kid, but I rewatched it a few years ago and it creeped me out quite a bit. You've got Howie Mandel (who is creepy enough on his own) with blue skin, horns, fangs, a mohawk, and an earring made out of one of those Stephen King Library keychains, abducting young children by hiding underneath their beds and taking them to some weird anarchic otherworldly slums. As we all know, the underside of a child's bed is the second place, after their closet, that the child is certain a monster is lurking, waiting for just the right moment to devour them. And as kids we're always told never to talk to, or go with strangers, especially if they're monsters. This movie is basically telling kids to do the opposite of what their parents spend years telling them. There are, in fact, monsters under your bed, and it's okay to go with them if they invite you somewhere. It's kind of an evil movie, really. I know, I know, it's just a stupid fun kid's movie that I'm analyzing way too much. I'm sorry, I do that sometimes. It is rather creepy though. With that being said, that part where Maurice pisses in Fred Savage's tormentor's apple juice - Classic.

Before I go, am I the only one that thinks Little Monsters seems kind of like a cross between Monkeybone, Camp Nowhere and Basket Case III? I don't know, if I'm the only one, I'll shut up.

And what the hell am I stepping in, Doritos?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"And what the hell am I stepping in, Doritos?"

Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails