Thursday, February 14, 2008

Kaiju Valentine's Day

I hope everyone is having (or ends up having) a nice Valentine's Day. To celebrate this completely made up holiday I thought I'd share some pictures of the best V-Day cards $0.14 can buy.

I found these ridiculous Godzilla themed Valentines at K-Mart a few years ago marked down like 90%, and I just couldn't leave the store without them. Nothing says "Happy Valentine's Day" like giant monsters and screaming Japanese women.

Of course, being a grown man I have absolutely no use for them, but come on, it was Godzilla. You would've done the same thing.

6 comments:

The Vicar of VHS said...

"I'VE GOT A CRUSH ON YOU!"

Awesome. Off I go to K-Mart to see if I can find ten or twenty packs of these...

Adam Gott said...

I love your last comment - 'of course being a man I have no use for them'

I gave out Star Wars valentines at work today and I am 40 (and don't live with my mom in the basement).

To be truthful most people were looking at me like 'what the f* are you doing?'

http://cool-mo-dee.blogspot.com/

Erick said...

Those are cool. I would have bought them too if I had seen them.

Anonymous said...

Now I have to go get these.
I just ordered a set of Godzilla small figures.
There are a lot of closet Godzilla fans. I guess thats why I am single, women can't see the fun of this big guy.
by the way the movie Godzilla vs Megaguirus 2001 is great so is Godzilla vs MegaGodzilla 2002 edition.

Anonymous said...

Hi again,
I copied the 8 picture collage and then sent them to The Paint Feature.
Seperating all 8. Now I have cards Too!!
If there are any more cards would you post them please.
Also a person could put their own screaming face over the ladies.
Hey Martha Stewart look out!!! Vince

Anonymous said...

Wowzers! This is cool beyond human comprehension. Heh reminds me of those weird gross 1980s parody cards with cabbage patch dolls.

Thanks!

Hellbishop.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails