Friday, March 12, 2010

Sesame Disco!




And here's the 1979 follow up to Sesame Street Fever. They call it Sesame Disco. Me, I would've gone with another disco reference, something like We Are Sesame perhaps. Rhymes with Family, it doesn't work on paper, but it makes sense if you're saying it out loud. Right? Who knows, maybe Sly and/or the Family Stone would've sued... But as simple a title as Sesame Disco is, it gets the job done. Wicked cool cover though.

Rumor has it Robin Gibb had creative differences with Grover while recording Sesame Street Fever, which is why he was not asked to appear on this album.

Side One
What Makes Music? - The Entire Cast
Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco - Cookie Monster and the Girls
The Happiest Street in the World - Big Bird, the Kids and the Girls
Sing - The Girls
Side Two
Disco Frog - Kermit the Frog and the Girls
Doin' the Trash - Oscar the Grouch and the Girls
Bein' Green - Kermit the Frog and the Girls

2 comments:

the saucer people said...

Excellent! I have been waiting for the follow up to Sesame Night Fever for a while now..I am sure the late great DJ/Producer Larry Levan had something to do with this record, her certainly produced a Cookie related 12 Inch which I have somewhere...

AlphaAndy said...

AWESOME!! One of my favorite albums from my childhood. I was just discussing how much I loved this record. "Me lost me cookie at the Disco" is a classic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails