Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Facebook Page Gone Weird

I'd like to thank the dozens of you (dozens!) who have liked the Manchester Morgue Facebook page, but I'm not sure that it's going to be updated anymore. This site isn't going anywhere, but the Facebook has gone weird and I can't figure out a way to fix it. I'll share the fun I've been having over the past couple of days:

The other day I go to log in and get this message:

"Please Verify Your Identity

It looks like your account might not be real. Facebook is a community where people share and interact using their real identities.
Facebook does not allow accounts that:
  • Pretend to be someone else
  • Use a fake name
  • Don't represent a real person
In order to regain access to your account, please complete the following security check to verify your identity and help keep Facebook secure."

There's a Continue button right under that message. You click on that and it says to enter your phone number and they'll send a code. So I entered my number and waited for the code. And waited. I'm still waiting for the code like 48 minutes later. So I've clicked on "I Need Help" and I get this useless nonsense here:

If you're unable to verify your account using a mobile phone number, you can submit a request to verify your account using your government-issued ID."
 
Scan my driver's license and email it to you? Really, Facebook? Yeah, I'm not doing any of that. I actually looked up "making a Facebook page for your site" and followed the instructions on the proper way to set up a page for your site, so I'm not sure what happened to cause this. So if any fellow blog/site owners have encountered this and have had luck fixing it, please let me know how you did it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails