Thursday, April 10, 2014

Own One of 500 1:4 Scale Leatherface Statues Today

Texas Chainsaw fans, this 1:4 scale Leatherface statue can be yours for several $41 dollar payments:


Preorder here

Not sure why they went with the Texas Chainsaw version though. A lot of people really weren't too into that one when it came out, so it seems like they should've gone with the one from the first film, or my personal favorite Leatherface, the one from Part 2.

I'm one of the few that did enjoy Texas Chainsaw, despite it being a bit on the goofy side - in fact I liked it because it was a bit goofy. "Do your thing, cuz!" was one of the most wonderfully stupid lines I've heard in years. It was dumb, sure, and yeah the girl should've been 10 years older, but I didn't really care. It didn't make me think one bit, but it kept me entertained and sometimes that's all you need.

I don't know, I think horror is getting too grim for me lately. Take TCM: The Beginning for example. It's a fine enough movie, but all I kept thinking the entire time is "Man, this is kinda bumming me out." You always hear of people being desensitized to violence, but I'm the opposite. As I'm getting older I'm finding myself to be a lot more squeamish than I was before being subjected to countless gruesome horror movies over the past 25 years. I'm not disgusted by it like I'm gonna hork or anything, I'm just finding it more unpleasant to watch as I get older. I still love horror, but I find myself steering clear of the overly intense hyper realistic stuff. Anyone else experiencing this, or am I nuts?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails